Building Fire Safety
ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
If you are a building owner or if you are a business occupying a building in Queensland, you have a legal obligation to ensure the safety of every person in your building in the event of an emergency.
The Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 requires the following:
* A written Fire and Evacuation Plan for the building must be in place.
* Evacuation Signs and Diagrams must be displayed.
* A procedure must be in place to provide 'adequate instruction' to prescribed persons.
* An Evacuation Coordinator must be appointed.
* An Evacuation Practice must be conducted annually.
* Exit Door Dardware must be the correct type.
* Prescribed Fire Safety Installations must be maintained and inspected regularly.
At Hartec we can assist with all of the above and we would welcome the opportunity to advise on your requirements and provide a quotation for our services.